Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Category Development Manager to join our team in Charlotte, NC, Atlanta GA,or Richmond VA.
In this role, you will:
* Develop insights and analytics work to identify opportunities and provide recommendations to deliver wine category and SMWE's growth at strategic retail chain accounts.
* Synthesize category, shopper, consumer and marketplace trend information to develop fact-based recommendation to optimize shelf, feature, display and assortment decisions at retail.
* Work closely with distributor and key retail trade partners to test and implement category management principles at retail.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* Minimum 5 years prior experience in the Category Management field
* Knowledge of shopper panel or retailer shopper card data (dunnhumby/84.51/Symphony EYC/Numerator) is preferred.
* Familiarity with advanced data visualization tool (Tableau/Power BI) is preferred.
* Continental travel, up to 35% of the time
* Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Strong analytical skill to interpret and manipulate large and varied data sets
* Technical skill set include: space planning applications (JDA/Apollo), ability and experience with various point-of-sale analytic/information based software applications (IRI/Nielsen/Market6 or Retailer POS data).
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, Master's degree a plus.
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-###-####.