The Institute Director leads, coaches and manages a multi-departmental team who are responsible for attracting students and guests, delivering exceptional Aveda education and providing Aveda guest service that result in the creation of first choice professionals for the beauty industry, while achieving required overall key performance indicators.
* Cultivate an environment where employees respect and adhere to company core values of quality, integrity, and ownership thinking by integrating these values into all programs and practices, developing consequences for non-compliance, and supporting an open door policy.
* Plan and grow the Institute as a profitable business while reinforcing the mission and education standards as established by Aveda.
* Effectively manage revenue (tuition, retail sales and service sales) and expenses (payroll, supplies, utilities) to achieve specified revenue and expense goals and retail and service benchmarks.
* Ensure campus is always in compliance with federal, state and local laws, in partnership with the Regional Director of Operations.
* In partnership with the Regional Director and Talent Acquisition Team, develop a workforce management plan that ensures optimal levels of competent team members are in place to service the needs of the business.
* Ensure all team members receive a thorough and effective orientation experience that results in them meeting desired standards within projected timelines.
* Monitor education delivery to ensure compliance with the implementation of the Aveda curriculum, and the achievement of student outcomes (completion, licensure and placement) exceed the company standards.
* Understanding the unique needs of both internal and external guests, manage revenue-generating departments of admissions, guests recruiting and retail, including shadowing admissions managers on tours, meeting guests, and implementing growth and improvement strategies for each area.
* Direct, coach, manage, and develop all departments to ensure the quality delivery of services and education programs through prioritizing resources, facilitating alignment of the team, setting high expectations, inspiring commitment, encouraging mutual support and enabling development opportunities.
* Implement and model customer service standards by ensuring unparalleled excellence in Institute and retail standards, enhanced customer service experience and creating an environment that exceed customer service expectations that are aligned with guest expectations and company goals.
* Ensure the Institute operational systems, processes, and policies are consistently implemented according to company standards.
* Create a student learning experience within an environment that is guest and student focuses, which demonstrates adaptability and sponsors continuous learning.
* Ensure the Institute campus is always present in original \"like new\" condition, through the development and implementation of an effective maintenance plan, weekly \"walk-throughs\" and responsiveness to unforeseen situations as required.
* Plan, host and implement student assemblies, career fairs, and other student/guest related gatherings and events through the year.
* May perform other tasks as required or assigned.
* Due to our commitment to the environment, a strong alignment to the Aveda mission is essential.
* Adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Manage expenses within fiscal guidelines.
* Participate in team meetings.
* Occasionally travel domestically requiring an overnight stay or consecutive overnight stays.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 4 years of management experience in high volume retail, service or hospitality businesses.
* BA/BS Degree in a business-related field.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and strong organization skills.
* Committed to providing outstanding customer service.
* Computer literate in Word, Excel PowerPoint and familiar with point-of-sale systems.
* Flexible to work weekends and evenings.
Direct reports range between 12-35, including: Assistant Director, Admissions Managers (up to 3), Financial Aid Coordinator, Student Records Administrator, Retail Manager, Cosmetology Educators (6-18), Educator Coach, Spa/Esthetics Educators (1-3) and Maintenance Technician.
\"Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the way in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.\"
Associated topics: administrative coordinator, assist, assistant, document, facilities, front desk, front office, operational assistant, operational support, support