Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
* Family-like culture
* Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
* Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
This is not a benefits-eligible position, this is an \"as-needed\" position
Pay is $13.18/hour
You will be responsible for:
* Provides Security assistance to hospital staff, Patients, and Services and visitors. * Maintains a safe, orderly hospital by controlling disorderly patients, visitors, visitor traffic, and motor vehicle traffic. * Assists the Emergency Department staff in the control and restraint of violent patients and Baker Act patients. * Assists the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department with investigations of illegal acts committed in the hospital or on the property. * Assists and educates patients in the protection and safe-keeping of their valuables. * Conducts Fire Drills and provides critiques for responding personnel. * Is the Primary Response officer for Hazardous material spills. * Locks and unlocks doors as required. * Prepares Security Incident Reports on computer, and maintains those reports for possible future use. * Conducts monthly, quarterly, and yearly inspections on safety related equipment including but not limited to battery operated safety lighting. * Issues parking permits for hospital staff, maintaining a computer data file. * Provides physical security for the entire hospital complex including perimeter. * Prevents harm to persons and property within the hospital * Provides surveillance and protection of hospital staff, patients, visitors, and physical hospital assets. * Patrols all designated areas within the hospital other buildings and the exterior parking areas. * Provides security services for cash control of monies from the Gift Shop and other departments. * Responds to all fire alarms as outlined in the Hospital Fire and Emergency Disaster Plan. * Upon notification from hospital administrator, or designee, Lock-Down entire hospital with the electronic card access control computer. * Conducts hazard surveillance inspections of the hospital and grounds. * Directs unusual traffic on hospital property as needed. * Provides automobile jumpstart and door unlock services to persons in need on hospital property. * Provides safe escort services for hospital staff, patients, and visitors upon request. * Investigates and follows up on all incidents within the hospital or property and compiles the appropriate report. * Monitors med gas levels, to ensure that they are at a safe level. If low have office person contact the appropriate company to bring gas back to safe level. * Monitors med gas levels, to ensure that they are at a safe level. If low have office person contact the appropriate company to bring gas back to safe level. * Documents removal/delivery of supplies after normal duty hours. * Documents supplies removed from the Warehouse, laboratory supply, and Central Sterile Supply by hospital personnel after duty hours. * Receives all radioactive material delivered to the hospital after normal duty hours. * The Security Officer supports the Hospital Service Management Program. * Maintains good self-appearance and all hospital issued equipment * Creates a positive image by demonstrating a professional, courteous manner in all customer encounters. * Works toward the common goals of the hospital. * Maintains and demonstrates a positive attitude toward organizations and in dealing with the customer. * Develops positive working relations with other functionally related units of the hospital. * Acknowledges patients, staff, and physicians promptly. * Maintains patient, staff and hospital confidentiality at all times. * Communicates in a manner that reflects a positive image of department and the hospital. * Supports minor maintenance duties after normal business hours. * Handles minor maintenance issues as requested. * When efforts fail to resolve maintenance issue, On-call maintenance person is summoned.
What will you need?
* Basic knowledge of security operations and hospital safety requirements. * Ability to communicate to individuals as well as large groups of people and coordinate large scale evacuations. * Working knowledge related to hospital compliance inspections (preferred) * High school graduate or GED. * Minimum of two years' experience in Security or Law Enforcement * Florida Class \"D\" security license * State of Florida class \"E\" drivers' license * NIMS certification (preferred) * Crisis Management training (preferred)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Associated topics: patrol, protection, public safety, public safety officer, school, security officer, tsa, unarmed, university, watchman
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.